investments, business, singapore corporate bank account, singapore bank account, singapore company, singapore company registration, registering a singapore company, singapore company formation, singapore company incorporation, company registration
Healy Consultants Suggests 5 Reasons to Register a Singapore Company
The article provides information on the key benefits enjoyed by entrepreneurs completing Singapore company registration and other aspects to consider when setting up their company in Singapore.
by Healy Consultants Thursday, December 09, 2010
1. Laws and government:
* Singapore boasts strong client confidentiality laws and meets the international guidelines set by the OECD for disclosure of taxation related information.
* As a signatory to international conventions including the World Trade Organisation's (WTO) Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS), Singapore is an excellent location to register intellectual property (IP), including global trade marks and patents. Singapore is also a signatory to the Berne Convention and the World Intellectual Property Organization Copyright Treaty.
2. Social and political environment:
* Singapore is a reputable, highly regulated, business jurisdiction and does not carry any offshore tax haven label.
* Singapore is ranked as the least corrupt country in the world, according to the 2010 Corruption Perceptions Index by Transparency International. Singapore is ranked equally with Denmark and New Zealand.
* A Singapore registered company has competitive advantages as this jurisdiction consistently ranks as one of the world's freest economies, is cost effective and is recognized as the world's easiest place to do business.
3. Infrastructures, technology and telecommunication:
* Singapore is well equipped in terms of telecommunications, public transportation, and technology.
* For entrepreneurs moving their family to a new country, the high standard of living available here is comforting.
4. Company registration requirements:
* Unlike some jurisdiction, it is not necessary to rent a physical office to register a company in Singapore.
* Singapore Company formation only requires a minimum of one shareholder, one director, one local company secretary, a local address and a share capital of $1.
* Singapore tax rates are very competitive relative to other business centers around the world. The corporate income tax rate for Singapore is 17%. A company registered in Singapore can also enjoy legal tax exemption on profits earned outside Singapore. There are also tax exemptions for start up companies in Singapore for the first three years of business operation.
* There are currently 62 comprehensive double taxation treaties between Singapore and other countries.
As an experienced company formation specialist, Healy Consultants has incorporated companies in many jurisdictions around the world but believes Singapore has much to offer within the Asia region and as an international business hub. According to Mr Healy, the firm works with numerous investors and entrepreneurs from all over the world and he believes that businesses will continue to recognize the benefits offered by jurisdictions in Asia, especially Singapore, and also Hong Kong.
Healy Consultants is a leading corporate services firm, headquartered in Singapore, and working with clients across a range of categories to maximize the benefits enjoyed by Singapore company registration. For more information, visit www.healyconsultants.com.
Read More Press Releases
Wiwigo Technologies: First of its kind selfie campaign takes place in moving Delhi-Chandigarh Shatabdi
Get press releases by email