Ten Reasons to Attend the 2009 Virginia Homeschool Convention
June 11 – 13, 2009 Greater Richmond Convention Center Richmond, Virginia
by Anne Miller Friday, June 05, 2009
Yvonne Bunn, Director of Homeschool Support
804-278-9200 or email@example.com
1. Inspiring Line-Up of Nationally Recognized Speakers: Voddie Baucham, Carol Barnier, Joel Salatin, Wade Myers, Inge Cannon, Steve Demme, Dianne Craft, Adam Andrews, Debbie Strayer, and many others!
2. 119+ Relevant Workshops: Topics range from starting your own business to teaching a highly distractible child to parenting teens and young adults.
3. Mega Exhibit Hall: 300+ booths of educational and enrichment materials.
4. Used Curriculum Sale: Bargains abound in the gigantic, super-organized Used Curriculum Sale - more than 39,000 used items expected.
5. Free Admission for Parents of Preschoolers: Eldest child must be under five years of age, and this must be the first time the parent has attended the convention.
6. Four FREE “How-to-Begin” Workshops: Open to everyone; offered on Thursday, June 11. Free shopping is also offered after the last workshop session at 7:30 p.m.
7. Free Exhibit Hall Shopping: Three hours of free shopping open to everyone; offered on Saturday, June 13, from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
8. "Pirates of the Cranium": A special two-day program during the convention for children ages 4-12. (Advance registration recommended.)
9. Graduation Ceremony: 190+ homeschool students will graduate on Saturday, June 13, in the country’s largest homeschool graduation ceremony.
10. A Lasting Impact: So many resources to explore, with access to speakers and workshops on a multitude of homeschooling- and family-related topics—this event has the potential to equip and inspire you to make a lasting difference in your home.
The Virginia Homeschool Convention, presented by the Home Educators Association of Virginia, is one of the largest homeschool conventions in the nation. Come and be challenged, encouraged, inspired, and equipped to make a lasting difference in your family. Don't miss out! See www.heav.org/convention for details.
The Home Educators Association of Virginia strengthens and empowers the more than 31,900 homeschoolers throughout the Commonwealth. H-E-A-V, a statewide, member-supported, non-profit association, has served Virginia homeschoolers through information, legislation, and resources for the past 28 years. Members of the media can learn more by visiting www.heav.org/media.
Read More Press Releases
Wiwigo Technologies: First of its kind selfie campaign takes place in moving Delhi-Chandigarh Shatabdi
Get press releases by email