CSI, Other TV Crime Shows Drive Attorneys to Bring More Technology to Jury Trials
Trial attorneys at Lowe Eklund Wakefield & Mulvihill Co., LPA are quick to point to new technology tools used in jury trials as one of the reasons they are achieving success in the courtroom.
by JD Drake Tuesday, March 22, 2011
“In today’s fast-paced world, jurors do not want to just sit passively and listen to testimony. Many are conditioned by popular TV crime shows to expect to be educated and even entertained while watching a trial,” explained Ryan Fisher, a partner in the firm. “Our firm’s efforts to embrace the most effective methods of communication really speak to jurors and hold their attention by presenting a more powerful story. As a result, we’ve seen faster, more successful outcomes for our injured clients.”
Fisher said the firm uses a variety of tools in cases encompassing product liability, personal injury, class action litigation and medical malpractice:
• Computer animation and accident reconstructions
• Real-time language translation and daily trial transcripts
• Digital editing of video-recorded trial testimony and immediate courtroom access to off-site document storage
• A full-time audio-visual computer paralegal whose job is to provide assistance and help present crucial evidence to the jury quickly, clearly and accurately
• Flat screen projectors used to display and highlight critical documents like medical records, contracts or photographs; they provide fast, easy access to thousands of pieces of evidence
• Live courtroom satellite testimony; instead of using pre-recorded video, expert witnesses not available to appear in person in the courtroom can now appear live via satellite from anywhere in the world to testify in a high-definition video format
Since 1976, the award-winning trial attorneys at Lowe Eklund Wakefield & Mulvihill Co., LPA have successfully represented people in the areas of motor vehicle accidents, automobile product safety, home and workplace safety, medical malpractice, and birth injuries, as well as families of victims of wrongful death. U.S. News & World Report recently named Lowe Eklund Wakefield & Mulvihill Co., LPA to its 2010 “Best Law Firms” list, while lawyers from the firm were again honored as Ohio SuperLawyers for 2011.
For more information on Lowe Eklund Wakefield & Mulvihill Co., LPA, please call 216-781-2600 or visit http://www.lewm.com/.
Read More Press Releases
Wiwigo Technologies: First of its kind selfie campaign takes place in moving Delhi-Chandigarh Shatabdi
Get press releases by email